Thinking about applying Early Decision?
UCSOP is the place to be! Apply early decision and get a jump start on your pharmacy career! Have questions about the early decision process? Below you will find answers to some common questions about the University of Charleston School of Pharmacy (UCSOP) Early Decision Program.
Q: Why should I apply Early Decision instead of Regular Decision?
- You are competing with a much smaller pool of applicants.
- Avoid the Waitlist – the later you apply, the greater chance you have of facing the dreaded waitlist.
- Regular interview dates are limited and fill up fast; get a jump start and be among the first to interview.
- By applying through the Early Decision Program, you can sit back and relax during your last year of undergraduate work while your fellow classmates are stressing over the application process!
Q: Should I apply to other schools at the same time?
The Early Decision Program is a binding option and an applicant must enroll in UCSOP if admitted. An Early Decision applicant may only apply to one pharmacy school during this time. If an applicant is not offered admission through the Early Decision program before the October deadline, they may begin applying to other schools at that time.
Q: What is the Early Decision application deadline?
The Early Decision Application deadline is September 2, 2014.
Q: What do I need to submit by the deadline?
You must submit a completed PharmCAS application that includes:
- All official transcripts from every college/university you’ve attend
- Official PCAT Scores – must take during or before July 2014
- Two Letters of Reference (1 must be from a faculty member)
You must also submit a University of Charleston School of Pharmacy Supplemental Application at: http://epayments.ucwv.edu/Pharmacy/PharmacyApplication.asp
If all requirements are not received by the September 3rd deadline, PharmCAS will automatically change your status from an Early Decision Applicant to Regular Status. Your application will not be reviewed by the UCSOP until all requirements have been received.
Q: When would I interview?
Interviews for Early Decision candidates will be held on September 19, 2014.
Q: How long does it take to find out if I am accepted for Early Decision admission?
All Early Decision Applicants will be notified of their admissions decision by the PharmCAS deadline (October 2014).
Q: What happens next if I am accepted?
If you are accepted through the Early Decision Program, you will be required to submit a non-refundable $1,000 Early Decision Tuition Deposit. This amount can be split into two $500 payments. The first payment will be due within one week of your notification of acceptance. The second $500 payment will be due by May 1, 2015.
Q: Can I change my mind after I am accepted for Early Decision?
A student who is accepted through the Early Decision Process is not eligible to apply to any other PharmCAS pharmacy school during that admissions cycle.
Q: What are the PCAT dates to qualify for the Early Decision process?
July 17-18, 2014 or earlier
Register at www.pcatweb.info
Q: Who do I contact if I have a question about my application or the Early Decision process?
Office of Professional & Student Affairs